Friday, September 19, 2008

Altitude and Poverty. Not SO Bad After All... a random ass post.

Well, I have searched high and low for jobs in every field I can possibly handle.
Still no sign of income in the near future that doesn't involve freelance writing. Which is a bummer.
I do have a second interview at a restaurant where all of the waitresses/bartenders are unbelievably good looking and the clientelle is male and rich.
Not my usual scene, but hey. If they want me, I guess I cannot say no.
I will stick out like a sore, tattooed thumb, but c'est la vie. To each their own, I suppose.
I applied at this really awesome place, called Sputnik. I am dropping off a resume tonight, so cross your fingers for me. I want to work there.
I am poor. Really.
I am POOR.
It is frustrating and stressful. I cannot go out and do the things I wish because I have to save money for necessities like, say, groceries. I still feel like a tourist. I have yet to feel like I fit in. Soon, I hope.
I have met some wonderful ladies, who have sort of adopted me. Thank god for them, or I would be completely bored and insane.
I cannot afford to get a new monitor, so I am blogging from the library, which is why this post it so boring, ranty and pictureless, since I cannot upload or download anything on the computer. Also, I only have 30 minutes to use the computer.
On the bright side of things, I get to check out a plethora of books to keep me busy. And it is free.
Everyone is friendly here. Not that fake, Minnesota nice kind of friendly. Just honestly happy. And caring. My neighbors all say hello. People are polite to each other. No one laughs at my rusty spanish.

Oh! I officially got my Colorado State Drivers License today. The DMV was a scene straight out of Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Seriously. No clue as to whether my pic turned out horrid or pleasant, since they wouldn't let me look.
How exciting! I have that to look forward to, atleast.
So, in Denver I am constantly getting headaches, which apparently is due to dehydration from high altitude.
I can afford water though, so I will be hydrating until the cows come home.
BUT
Even though all of these things aren't the greatest - I am doing well. I love the scenery and am finding my way.
I have a feeling that soon, I will be happy.

Since this post is so random, I may as well throw in a list of the things I am missing most:
Going places, anywhere in the Twin Cities and running into people I know.
Making music.
The Triple Rock and its delicious Po'Boy.
Tum Rup Thai.
Hans.
Ash.
Laura.
Teeny.
Nicole and Kev.
Mom and Dad.
Katia.
Toby.
Sparks.
Biking.
The lakes. Man, I miss the lakes.
Money.
Working, oddly.
Rad shows.
And so much more.
Hope everyone is well.
Sorry for the amazingly dumb and boring blog.
Love you all.
J

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, I'M hans... (missing you too, baby doll!)

Anonymous said...

Love you hon... Good luck with the interviews. Miss you... lots...

Unknown said...

Gross